Shrimp “cook dinner” in lime juice to make this flavorful Shrimp Ceviche, with recent cilantro, cucumbers and jalapeño. The proper summer time appetizer!
This ceviche recipe is an extremely simple dish that’s certain to impress. Plus, no oven or range is required, making it good for summer time. Simply mix the shrimp with the onion, lime juice, and salt for 20 minutes, after which add within the different veggies. That’s it! Serve with tortilla chips for a scrumptious appetizer to your seashore home, boat or yard. Some extra of my ceviche impressed recipes are this Ceviche Shrimp Cocktail, Canned Tuna Ceviche, Vegan Mushroom Ceviche, and Ceviche Cucumber Cups.
How To Make Shrimp Ceviche
The important thing to shrimp ceviche is to make use of tremendous recent shrimp, ideally ones caught the identical day you intend on consuming it. If you happen to don’t have entry to recent shrimp, frozen wild shrimp, cooked shrimp or recent white fish additionally works.
The shrimp solely take about 20 minutes to “cook dinner” within the lime juice. As soon as the shrimp are opaque, they’re prepared.
How lengthy does ceviche final?
It’s finest to eat shrimp ceviche the day you make it in order that micro organism doesn’t start rising. It is going to final within the fridge for as much as a day should you begin with straight-off- the-boat shrimp.
The right way to Serve
Ceviche makes the right appetizer or gentle dinner. I prefer to eat it as a dip with tortilla chips or plantain chips, however the ceviche would even be nice as tacos, tostadas, or in a salad.
- Add avocado or pink bell pepper to the ceviche.
- For a spicy ceviche, hold the ribs and seeds within the jalapeños. If you happen to choose it milder, take away them.
- Swap the jalapeño for a serrano.
- Sub the shrimp for a recent white fish, like mahi mahi, striped bass, or flounder.
- Use cooked shrimp should you don’t have recent, uncooked shrimp.
Extra Shrimp Recipes You’ll Love:
Contemporary shrimp “cook dinner” in lime juice to make this recent and flavorful Shrimp Ceviche, with recent cilantro, cucumbers and jalapeño. The proper summer time appetizer!
- 1 pound recent peeled and deveined shrimp, chopped (ideally wild)
- 1 cup recent squeezed lime juice, from 6 to 9 limes
- 1/4 cup chopped pink onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2/3 cup peeled and diced cucumber
- 1 to 2 jalapeño, stemmed and sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 scallions, chopped
- tortilla chips or plantain chips, for serving
In a big bowl mix the shrimp, lime juice, pink onion and salt.
Let it sit for 20 minutes, stirring sometimes till opaque.
Add the cucumbers, jalapeño, cilantro and scallion.
Serve straight away with chips.
Serving: 1cup, Energy: 147kcal, Carbohydrates: 7g, Protein: 24g, Fats: 2g, Saturated Fats: 1g, Ldl cholesterol: 167mg, Sodium: 553mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2g
Blue Sensible Factors: 1
Inexperienced Sensible Factors: 2
Purple Sensible Factors: 1
Key phrases: seashore home recipes, recipes for boating, shrimp ceviche, summer time recipes