Beef lovers, you’ll love this fast Colombian Carne en Bistec steak dish cooked with onions, tomatoes and cumin. The onions and tomatoes create a flavorful sauce which is fantastic served over rice.
Carne en Bistec – Colombian Steak
Serve this with an egg on high and it’s referred to as Bistec a Caballo. My Mother is Colombian, and made this dish on a regular basis after I was a child, it was one in every of my favorites! A number of different Latin recipes I like, Carne Machacada (Cubes Steak with Peppers and Onions) Carne Guisada and Garlic-Lime Marinated Pork Chops.
If I needed to describe Latin delicacies in a single phrase it will be taste and luxury. My family and friends love after I prepare dinner among the Latin dishes I grew up consuming, for me these dishes are my consolation meals. Picadillo, Sancocho, Pollo Guisado are all dishes that really feel like dwelling to me.
You’ll discover variations of this recipe in numerous South and Central American international locations and areas. Some finely chop the tomatoes and onions, some use scallions rather than onions which can also be scrumptious. As a child I used to push the onions away, however now I simply love them. For me, the egg on high is a should but it surely’s completely non-compulsory.
- Have all of your components prepped earlier than you begin cooking.
- The steaks needs to be sliced very skinny so that they prepare dinner quick.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or sauteed veggies to make it low-carb.
- Sirloin tip facet steak or London broil is a good choice, it’s further lean steak with little or no marbling. This lower often must be marinated or lower very skinny in order that it received’t be robust. Right here is a good reference I prefer to confer with usually for the 29 lean cuts of beef. In case your funds permits, purchase grass fed beef which is decrease in saturated fats and ldl cholesterol, and better in omega-Three fatty acids, that are thought-about heart-healthy.
Colombian Carne Bistec – Colombian Steak with Onions and Tomatoes
Beef lovers, you may love this fast Colombian Carne en Bistec steak dish cooked with onions, tomatoes and cumin.
- 1-1/2 lbs sirloin tip steak, sliced very skinny
- kosher salt to style
- half of teaspoon garlic powder
- half of teaspoon cumin
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced skinny or chopped
- 1 very giant tomato or 2 medium tomatoes, sliced skinny or chopped
- cooked rice and fried eggs, non-compulsory for serving
Season steak with 1 teaspoon salt and garlic powder.
Warmth a big frying pan till VERY HOT.
Add 2 tsp of oil then half of the steak and prepare dinner lower than a minute on either side till browned.
Set steak apart, add one other teaspoon of oil and prepare dinner remaining steak. Put aside.
Scale back warmth to medium, add one other teaspoon of oil and add the onions.
Cook dinner 2 minutes, till smooth then add the tomatoes.
Season with extra salt, to style, about 1/Four to half of teaspoon. Add black pepper and cumin and scale back warmth to medium-low.
Add 1/Four cup of water and simmer a couple of minutes to create a sauce, add extra water if wanted and style modify seasoning as wanted.
Return the steak to the pan together with the drippings, mix nicely and take away from warmth.
Serve over rice or veggie rice for a low carb choice with a sunny-side up egg on high.
Serving: 4ozsteak with sauce+ onions tomatoes, Energy: 188kcal, Carbohydrates: 3g, Protein: 25.2g, Fats: 7.2g, Saturated Fats: 0.5g, Sodium: 49mg, Fiber: 0.7g
Blue Good Factors: 4
Inexperienced Good Factors: 4
Purple Good Factors: 5
Factors +: 4
Key phrases: Carne Bistec, colombian steak, spanish steak recipes, steak and tomatoes, steak with tomatoes and onions