This Omelet Tortilla Breakfast Wrap takes a basic omelet and cooks it with a tortilla proper within the skillet. Then merely roll it up and you’ve got a straightforward on-the-go breakfast.
Omelet Tortilla Breakfast Wrap
This breakfast wrap mix two of my favourite weekend breakfast entrees – a breakfast burrito and an omelet in a single! Use your favourite omelet fixins, the mixtures are countless! A few different scrumptious breakfast recipes chances are you’ll love, Breakfast Taco Scramble and Loaded Baked Omelet Muffins.
This omelet tortilla wrap may be very filling and has simply 315 energy. If you need some omelet recipes with out the tortilla, do this Open-Faced Omelet with Feta, Roasted Tomatoes and Spinach and Goat Cheese Herb Omelet with Nova Lox. Simply make sure to use a great non-stick skillet so you possibly can seamlessly flip the omelet with out sticking.
Apparently, there’s a present on Netflix that makes an identical recipe based mostly on some feedback known as Nadiya’s Time To Eat. Though I haven’t seen the present, I’ve seen this idea throughout Tiktok so undecided who the unique creator is and sorry if I didn’t give correct credit score. The concept shouldn’t be new, I’ve been going to an Indian Avenue meals restaurant for years known as Kati Roll the place they do the identical factor solely with roti.
What can you place in an omelet?
You may put nearly any veggies, meat, or cheese in your omelet wrap. Omelet fillings are extremely versatile. Listed here are some variations:
- Add Meat: turkey, ham, bacon, sausage
- Greens: bell pepper, tomato, onion, mushrooms, broccoli, spinach, zucchini, squash
- Cheese: cheddar, feta, Parmesan, mozzarella, Monterey jack, goat, Swiss
How one can Make an Tortilla Omelet Wrap
- Begin by cooking your bacon and veggies in a skillet the identical dimension because the tortilla.
- Unfold in a fair layer and pour within the eggs. Swirl the pan to redistribute the eggs in a spherical omelet form in regards to the
identical dimension because the tortilla.
- Prime the eggs with the tortilla on high and press the tortilla down – the raw a part of the eggs will assist the tortilla keep on with the eggs.
- Run a spatula across the outdoors of the omelet after which rapidly flip the omelet. Cook dinner the tortilla aspect of the omelet wrap for one minute till the tortilla is browned and crisp.
- Switch the omelet to a plate, roll up, and place seam aspect down. Minimize the wrap in half and serve with scorching sauce or salsa in case you like.
Extra Omelet Recipes You’ll Love:
Omelet Tortilla Breakfast Wrap
- 2 slices center-cut bacon
- 2 massive eggs, overwhelmed
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly floor black pepper
- ½ cup chopped white mushroom
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Handful of child spinach, about 20 leaves, chopped
- 1 Eight or 9-inch low-carb entire wheat tortilla, (I used La Tortilla Manufacturing facility)
- Contemporary salsa or scorching sauce, for serving (elective)
Place bacon in a chilly non-stick skillet the scale of your tortilla. Cook dinner over medium warmth till brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Switch to a paper towel lined plate. As soon as cool, chop bacon into small items.
In the meantime, in small bowl add eggs, salt and pepper, to style. Combine and put aside.
Add mushrooms to skillet with bacon drippings and sauté 1 minute. Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds extra.
Unfold garlic and mushrooms in a fair layer then add overwhelmed eggs to the pan. Swirl the pan to create a spherical omelet form, much like the scale of your tortilla.
Prime with the spinach and chopped bacon then place the tortilla on high of the omelet and press gently along with your arms, utilizing the raw a part of the egg as a sort-of glue. Enable to set for about 10 seconds.
Run a flat spatula alongside the skin of the omelet, fastidiously releasing the sting to organize for flipping. Shortly flip the omelet and cook dinner, tortilla aspect down for about 1 minute extra, or till tortilla is browned and starting to crisp.
Switch to a plate and punctiliously roll up the tortilla. Place seam aspect down and lower in half. Serve with contemporary salsa or scorching sauce, if desired.
Serving: 1wrap, Energy: 315kcal, Carbohydrates: 23g, Protein: 28g, Fats: 17g, Saturated Fats: 4.5g, Ldl cholesterol: 377mg, Sodium: 1037mg, Fiber: 14.5g, Sugar: 2g
Blue Sensible Factors: 4
Inexperienced Sensible Factors: 8
Purple Sensible Factors: 4
Key phrases: breakfast wrap, omelet, tortilla omelet